Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Merry Christmas Banner Swap

 
It's a first for me... I was honored to be invited to participate in a Merry Christmas banner swap. There are 14 letters that were assigned (one each) to 14 participants. I got the last s in Christmas.
 
The guidelines were, create a pointed banner that is 3.5" x 5" with the bottom cut so the distance between the middle and one side is 1.75" wide. Classic Christmas colors red, white and green and that the letter had to be a solid color. The holes were to be punched half inch in and half in down.
 
Everyone was asked to make 14 identical letter s banner pieces and mail it to the host. She will collate and return a full Merry Christmas banner (minus the piece you made for yourself) in the mail before the holidays.
 
Here's what I came up with...
 





Supplies:
  1. Banner1 cut at 5.25" - Cricut cartridge Pretty Pennants - DCWV White Chipboard
  2. The pennant didn't have a deep enough notch at the bottom so I measured and cut it
  3. Layer - Banner1 cut at 4.25" - Cricut cartridge Pretty Pennants - Hot off the press color me paper in swirls or silver flourish
  4. Hot off the press color me paper in swirls or silver flourish - colored with mallard and poppy luminarte raidant rain twinkling H2Os
  5. Banner top - Brntop1 cut at 5.25" - Cricut cartridge Pretty Pennants - American Crafts foil cardstock
  6. s cut at 3" and ! cut at 2.75" - Cricut Cartridge Mickey Font -DCWV Glitter cardstock
  7. To add dimension I raised the letters on 1/8" thick (1/2" circle) sticky dots from The Paper Studio.
  8. Adorned with dimensional epoxy sticker from Jolee's Boutique.


 
Here's my 14 banner pieces. It was so much fun! I am hoping to share the entire completed banner here on the blog once I receive it. But first, I will ask the permission of the 13 other talented ladies and get back to you...
 
until then, stay cool and stay crafty!
 
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.