I was so inspired by the roadtrip countdown calendar posted by Elizabeth at 217 Creations (click the link to see her calendar) that I decided to make one for our family vacation. It took me several months but the kids and I made it today and it came out super cute!! I did all the cutting and my daughter did all the adhesive and assembly. My son supported us by keeping us company, watching and cheering for Cricut, peeling off the larger pieces of cardstock from the mat and helping to place embellishments.
- Pack your Bags Cricut cart - ship and layers p. 24 cut at 5.25" and Family vacation title pg. 33 cut @ 2.50"
- Xyron 5.5", 2.5", 1"
- Base - Bazzill light blue cardstock - I cut a few inches off the top of a 12 x 12 sheet, inked with Tim Holtz distress ink - Faded Jeans
- Blue layer of the boat - Core'dinations sanded with Tim Holtz sanding tool and inked with Tim Holtz distress ink - Faded Jeans
- Beige and magenta layers - Bazzill
- Yellow glitter layers - DCWV
- Black layer, DCWV all chalked up (neutrals) chalkboard mat stack. I had to place almost 2 full sheets on the mat to get the whole cut.
Here's the finished project and it's designers!! Love, Love LOVE my kids and how this came out! My daughter is now the time keeper... counting down to the big day!!
D.L Art - Summer
Great Impressions - Anything goes
D.L Art - Anything goes
Pin and Tack - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes
Heck of a Challenge - The Sea
The Crafter's Cafe - Anything goes
Hiding in My Craftroom - Freestyle
CAS-ual Fridays - Use a number(s) in your project
Sarah Hamer Designs - Link up Tuesday (anything - even non-craft related - goes)
La-Vie and family!