Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Good Teachers are Never Forgotten

This week is national appreciation week. After I prepared gifts for the teachers at both of my kids' schools,  I found out that my daughter's school PTA served breakfast and lunch to the teachers two weeks ago. I still believe in showing appreciation for teachers and other staff during this week so I am going forward as planned. I could not do their job. I respect their abilities and patience. So I got to creating a special card to express our thanks.


I designed a card, envelope and gift bag for the occasion using school-themed scrapbook papers, Cricut cuts and my favorite teacher-themed stamps. I used different papers on the outside and inside of the card. Stamping my children's names is a time saver.




Using cuts in varying sizes creates a coordinated look. Envelopes and gift bags are often forgotten so I decided to coordinate everything using stamps and dimensional stickers.


Card base - Jo Ann Essentials white value pack cards and envelopes
Solid color layer - SEI Poppy Stack, DCWV adhesive mat stack (neutral)
Patterned paper - Over the Moon Press by EK Success - Classroom ABC
and Back to School border, Colorbok ABCs
Ribbon - American Crafts Premium Ribbon
Stamps - Teacher stamp set by Clear and Simple Stamps, Heart - Something Sweet stamp set by Stampin' Up!, fonts - Impression Obsession
Dimensional stickers - pencils, chalkboard by Punch studio and crayons Karen Foster Designs
Cricut cuts - Apple print and cut from Cricut Imagine cart Kate's Kitchen 3" inside card and 5.5" on gift bag, banner on the card, envelope and gift bag print and cut from Best Friends at 1.5" and 2"
Ink - sweetheart inkers in blue and brown, Colorbok burnt sienna chalk ink, ranger archival ink in jet black



I thought a softer font would be better for my daughter's cards. I decided not to link the letters (even though they are cursive) for a unique look. 



Here I am in my craft room making 15 cards and gift sets. Teachers will receive either Tastefully Simple or Fruit flavored loose tea from Teavana.

La-Vie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Donna! The teachers, bus driver, principal, security guard etc. did love them! It made it all worth while to see the joy on my kids faces to share gifts and on the teacher's faces on the receiving end.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.