Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cutest and fastest baby boy card I ever made!!


Fellow crafters.... watch out! You are going to be hooked after I tell you about my new fav Cricut Imagine cartridge called Greeting cards Inside & Out. I often spend lots of time on the outside of a card only to neglect the inside. But this cartridge solves that dilemma! Because it's for the Imagine, the card and layers are printed and cut so assembly and embellishment is all I have to do. LOVE that when I am in a rush but still must put my best foot forward.

Ok, so I chose the card on page 12 of the handbook for a friend who just had a baby boy. I printed and cut the card at 5.5 relative size so that the layer would match. Laying down the card looks seamless. A square card with a funky baby word pattern.


However, when you lift it up, you automatically notice that there is a cut out in the front of the card that shows a baby carriage design inside!!! So cute! To make sure the design was seamless, I used herma dotto repositionable adhesive on the back of the baby carriage so that I could line it up with the design on the outside of the card and then close it so that the carriage would adhere on the inside of the card.


I love a good surprise in a card. Because the front is so busy, I wanted to make the inside clean and clear. With little room to write my sentiments, I stamped congrats on the top and then hand wrote a message on the bottom.


There was no room for the gift to go inside the card so I used zots to stick it to the back of the card. But wait...Cricut has started branding it's cards!! Another surprise. Good for them, but I had to add my branding too!! We've all got to make a living!! LOL! Luckily, DCWV makes a perfect square envelope 5.5" that fit this card perfectly.

La-Vie

p.s. let me know how you like it? and if you have this cart... let me know how you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.