Saturday, January 8, 2011

Teacher Christmas Gifts - Homemade Christmas Three






Here are a few more of the Teacher gifts. I used the Cricut Cartridge wild card and the cricut expression die cutting maching from Provocraft. It can be difficult to decide how to create the cards and envelopes at the right size. I used an online guide to help me create everything at the correct size. Most envelopes are cut using the fit-to-page function. Write down the size that flashes across the screen just before the cutting begins. Set the size of the card based on the size that the envelope cut at and it will fit the envelope.
I like to add ribbon to my cards to give it an extra special look. Double - sided card stock gives the cards and envelopes a more coordinated and finished look. One of the brands used is called coordinations. It has a dark color on one side and a light color on the other. When distressed or embossed, ripped etc. the light color shows on the dark side for a great effect as well.
I've started playing with colors and patterns in a new way (for me). I have been traditional in the past and more afraid of mixing too much color or too many patterns. I'm trying to be more courageous with color and pattern selections. Tomorrow I will post my favorite card of the bunch!
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.