It's time to announce the April challenge for Crafts Galore Encore! You're going to love this one! Include your favorite color in your project. Our sponsor for this month is Kenny K Downloads Two winners (one chosen at random and one chosen based on their submission) will be able to choose two Kenny K digis each.
My fav color for male-oriented digis is red! I started with Kenny K's digi called J-Cool. I was excited to color this image because I have not colored many men at all - specifically not African-American ones. I really had fun with this one!
- Skin - E13, E15
- Hair - E29, E79
- Hankie - C3
- Glasses - R29, Y06, Y15
- Shoes - B93, R29, Signo ball white pen
- Earrings/chain - Y15
- Sweatshirt - R29, R59
- Shirt B93
- Jeans - B0000, B34, B45, B93, B95, B99
- Copic multiliner black
Once I had colored J-Cool, I looked into my stash and found a Sizzix movers and shapers Circle flip-it card designed by Stephanie Barnard of The Stamps of Life. I just knew it was the setting for J-Cool. Then I thought, let me add some brick texture, so I pulled out my brickyard Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Cuttlebug to make that happen. I added stamping and thought I was almost done.
But then I was stumped! J-Cool looked too corny by himself with the clean bricks and I had to reach out to crafty friends to help me get a clue of which direction to go in next. Shout out and thanks to Lyne, Anna, Carol, Ellen, Leila for sparking my creativity. They suggested a boom box, graffiti and street light/signs. I marinated on that for a day and then went about my task. I love the result! I wrote all the names of my household on the walls of the card. I may have found a new way to sign my cards...who knows.
- 2" boom box - rock princess - DCWV black adhesive cardstock, Bazzill White, silver from my stash
- 4" traffic light - Artiste - Bazzill yellow, red and green
- Core'dinations - VC Ruby and whitewashed collection
- Brickyard cuttlebug folder
- Kenny K Digi - J-Cool
- ATG, Xyron, Zig 2 way
- No Fear, Play Hard - CTMH Later Sk8r - stamped in Chipped Sapphire distress ink
- Background (card interior) - CTMH Later Sk8r - stamped in Broken China distress ink
- Sunburst, Trophy - CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection: Kudos
- 100 Copic black and Uniball Signo white opaque pen for graffiti
- EK Success powder tool
- Copic Xpress it blending card