Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blistering Hot! Summer Z-Fold Card


As a part of a swap with Scrapbooking Swap Til Ya Drop on FaceBook, I created two summer themed Z fold cards using directions from Flowerbug's Inkspot. Here's what I came up with. The Z fold cards are standing in this photo.

Supplies:
  • DCWV light blue, dark blue, yellow glitter cardstock
  • Queen & Co. Summer Fun Summertime cardstock
  • Kiwi Lane  Tiny Border: Delight #2
  • American Crafts Garden Phrases, Mini Marks rub-ons
  • Claudine Hellmuth dimensional stickers
  • #10 envelopes
  • Adhesives: Scotch ATG, Glossy Accents


These cards were pretty easy to make. Once cut provides the card bases for both cards if you start with a 12x12 piece of card stock. The patterned paper layers were from another 12x12 sheet. I embellished with a rub on and dimensional stickers from Claudine Hellmuth at HSN.com.


I made one card with a decorative edge and one without. I used a double layer of DCWV yellow glitter cardstock on the card on the right. The layer is one piece cut from a 12 x12 sheet of paper on a diagonal. I then adhered the front layer and then turned over the card and adhered a second layer of the cardstock to make it double-sided. Using a Kiwi Lane template and a fine tip sharpie, I traced and hand cut the wave-like pattern. I ended up having to go back after folding the card to add glossy accents to keep the layers together.


Here are the cards closed and laying down and below you can see the card open. you could add your hand writing in there for a personal message.


 I hope you enjoyed this blistering hot! summer Z fold card! Until we craft again....

La-Vie

Challenges:

  • TBD





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.