A friend ordered a birthday card for the stylish first lady of her church and this is what I came up with!
I decided to create an elegant card using one of the new Anna Griffin embossing folders and DCWV metallic cardstock - the perfect combination! I love shades of pink. This time I decided to also emboss the flap of the envelope. It was very easy to emboss the top three-quarters of the envelope flap and line it up to emboss the rest without an interruption. An unheard of situation in the past with Cuttlebug. I am really enjoying the finer details and design of the Anna Griffin folders.
The stamping came out a little light in areas (especially the word LORD) because the card is textured and my ink pad is worn. I colored in the missing spots with my Zig writer marker using both the broad and fine tips.
If you follow me, you know I do not truly finish the interior of my cards. But I had a master plan today!! Ha ha!! Once my friend described the recipient as stylish I immediately thought of Forever Young. I repeated the embossing and color scheme from the front of the card and created this stylish lady. I even had a little fashion show trying on several patterns of dresses on her before deciding on Provo Craft scrapbook paper.
It's quite a surprise when you open this card. I usually place major images like this on the outside of a card rather than the inside. I love the stamp sets I used from Stampin' up! They went together like a hand and glove! The finishing touch was adding the bling in shades of green. This is definitely a style I will create again. Love it!
- American Crafts 5 x 7" pink card, white envelope
- DCWV metallic cardstock (gold and plum)
- Green mosaic scrapbook paper - Provo Craft
- Cricut Cartridge Forever young p. 28
- Ribbon from Michaels
- Bazzill teal cardstock (at dress neckline)
- Stamps - Stampabilities: Give Thanks; Stampin' Up: "Each one..." Trust God, "Happy Birthday:" Well Scripted
- Cuttlebug and Anna Griffin folder: Elaborate Quatrefoil
- Recollections bling - in shades of green
- Xyron 1" and 2.5"
- Creative Memories corner rounder
- Ranger Archival ink - black
- Zig writer - black
Please let me know how you like this creation by leaving a comment. Better yet, please share this post for me on social media. I am on vacation so I really need your help to get the word out! Thanks!!!