We've been decking the halls with boughs of holly! So sorry I have been away for a bit. My regular blogging schedule will resume in January 2015.
But I'm popping in today to share the teacher gifts my 4th grader created. My daughter is very much into art. I thought it would interest her to put her skills to work - and it really did!
Sharpie mugs are all over Pinterest. I have a board dedicated to teacher gift ideas. Please check it out and follow me to stay abreast of these great ideas.
To get started all you need are plain white mugs from dollar tree, an oil-based Sharpie set, alcohol pads, alpha-stickers (vinyl or cardstock) and your oven. The mugs are HARD to find (but you can order online) I visited several in the area and struck out most of the time.
1. Clean your mug surface with the alcohol pad, let dry
2. Draw your design, sign the bottom of the cup
3. Place mugs on a baking sheet and bake for 40 mins at 425 degrees
4. let cool and instruct the teachers to hand wash (no dishwasher)
5. You can include a tasty treat inside. We used gourmet hot chocolate bought in bulk from Sams Club
My daughter really got into it after a while and created something special for each teacher.
For this mug we used a cardstock die cut from basic grey applied with Xyron. Once all the dots are on, remove the letter and follow the directions above to bake. This one was for a male gym teacher.