I love a great find! I was milling around TJ Max and found a five pack of canvases on a random clearance table. I figured hey, this will come in handy some day! Well guess what? Today is the day! I'm dipping my toe into mixed media. I needed a daily reminder for my weight loss journey so I chose an appropriate quote and my fav stamp (that I own) by Heartfelt Creations - Bella Rose Leaves.
To achieve this look, I stamped the image in the upper left hand corner with Stazon ink. Then I painted the entire canvas with gesso. When it dried there was a light outline of the stamp showing through the gesso. I used those guidelines to trace the stamped image with Stickles. After about a couple of hours drying time, I used brush stix (chisel and round tips) to add color to the leaves with Tim Holtz distress inks.
I then added the quote in my own handwriting and faux stitching around the edges using a Copic marker. Next, I sponged on distress inks to blend a two-color background. To activate the ink and leave a subtle spotted background, I sprayed on some sheer shimmer spritz by Imagine Crafts. The final touch was some bling of course!
- Flat canvas 7 1/5 x 5 3/4"
- Heartfelt Creations - Bella Rose Leaves
- Stazon Ink - Forest Green
- Copic Marker - 100 Black
- Stickles - Pine
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss, Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean, Broken China, Worn Lipstick
- Recollections - clear bling
- Imagine Crafts (Tsukineko) - Psst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Sparkle, Brush Stix
- Nicole Heat tool
Here's a close up of the Heartfelt Creations - Bella Rose Leaves. I think it is a great focal point for my daily reminder. This stamp is versatile. It can be used alone or with the Bella Rose stamp set and/or the Bella Rose Die set.
Thanks for taking a peek at my latest project. I'd love to hear your opinions on my work and Heartfelt Creations.
- Crafting from the Heart #33 - ATG
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday #50 - ATG using a square or rectangle
- Inky Impressions Challenges #174 - ATG use a stamp or digi
- Cute Card Thursday #336 - ATG
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #109 - ATG
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #46 - ATG
- The squirrel and the fox #76 - Spring or Autumn
- Creative Corner Challenges - ATG