Friday, March 9, 2012

Feb Cricut Circle Magazine Sketch Challenge


As a member of the elite Cricut Circle, I have access to the exclusive monthly Cricut Circle magazine. The online periodical serves up major inspiration and a challenge just for us! This month it's a sketch challenge. The sketch was designed by Susan Neal. The prize is $150 credit for Cricut.com. Since I promised myself to enter as many challenges with Cricut Circle as possible, I am throwing my hat in the ring!



The card I created - just 4 you - is made with scraps and left over elements. I love challenging myself to use scraps. The card base was cut from the Cricut Cartridge Sophie using double-sided dotted cardstock from my stash. The yellow dotted cardstock from my stash coordinated well with the flower Cricut Imagine cut from Lori's Garden. For a little shimmer, I spritz it with smooch spritz and outlined certain areas with smooch pearlized top coat. The bow, bling brad and the just 4 you stamp from Micheal's completes the look. Clear and Simple Stamps has a hybrid ink I love. I used it here in "Simply Blue Tiful."




A tip I picked up from Tammy Skinner at the Creative Imaginations blog was to use every last bit of your ink in the Imagine machine and use the lighter colored images you print and cut for layering and for pastel layouts. The flower I printed and made 3D with foam tape has a lighter colored image of the flower on the bottom. That's a secret that no one would ever know!



Makes me think of spring....

Wish me luck!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.