Hello! I'm La-Vie Borde-Perry of C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC and I'm super excited to guest design for the Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenge blog this month. I hope you'll go over there, leave me a comment and enter the challenge.
It's 'double your fun month' so I created a project based on one of the inspiration photos (see below).
Yup, it's a back to school moment! I immediately thought of scrapping my son's first day of Kindergarten from last month.
This is an all-time record! I have NEVER taken photos and scrapped them within a couple of weeks. Oooh-wee!! I feel like a million bucks!!
Besides this photo, I was inspired by a sketch over at Sketch Savvy and the only male Prima Doll by Julie Nutting and he's named Aidan. Well, guess what???? My son's name is Aidan!!! OK, so now you understand why why I HAD to scrap it! The stars aligned so well!
I even used opaque markers to draw in the design on his shirt to match my son's. And I used Copics to draw in the design on his sneakers. I only hope that Julie Nutting offers more males with different hairstyles. I would have loved some curly hair to match my son's.
Here's a close up of each page. A lot of love and affection went into this project.
I think folks are afraid to adorn boy pages. I think the exact opposite. As long as I don't add flowers and frilly stuff I think its A-OK to put that extra love into a layout for my lil man. So much so that I fussy cut those apples on the cardstock strip from DCWV.
I went old skool on making those bubble letters y'all! Do you see my 8th grade skills coming back? I've still got it!! Reminisce... reminisce...
- DCWV -
- The Edumacation Stack - cardstock: yellow star, blue patterned , pencil, chalkboard letters, abc banner, cool school memories tag, brown swirls, red stripe, 1st day of school, blue swirls, picture of me banner with age/date/grade and star, apples,
- The Timeless Type Stack, beige text cardstock used for the base of the paper doll
- Core'dinations - cardstock for the blue jeans
- Bazzill Basics - cardstock for the tee shirt
- Copic X-Press It Blending card
- Julie Nutting Prima Doll - Aidan
- Copic Markers - 100, 0.3 black, green, blue multiliner pens,
- Skintone: E 11, 13, 15
- Sneakers: B05, B99, G09,
- Hair: E70, 74, 79, 0.3 brown multiliner
- Opaque markers to create the graphic tee
- Signo Uniball Opaque White pen
- American Crafts - Galaxy Marker: blue, orange
- Marvy Memories - Opaque Stix: metallic green, DecoColor Memory Liner opaque outlining marker: silver, outline blue
- Lawn Fawn - Lawn Ornaments - Peace Joy Love mixed sequins - white sequins
- Little Yellow Bicycle - vellum tape with the numbers on it
- The Paper Studio - yellow polka dot ribbon, red burlap ribbon, Spare Parts: epoxy brads: A+, red star, 2 +1=3, blue star, green, blue, yellow tiny circle brads on the tag
- Reminisce - Making the grade die cut dimensional stickers: bus, artist palate, K school pic, glue, crayon, scissors, smiley face, yellow stars, backpack, apple, kindergarten
- Memento Tuxedo black ink
- Tim Holtz Grid blocks, Vintage Photo Distress ink
- Xyron 1" sticker maker
- Zots glue dots
- Scotch ATG tape runner
- Glossy accents on the glasses
I'm so glad to be back in my craft room inspired and creating again. Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to your comments on this one!!! Lay them on me!!La-Vie