When I saw the flashy floral stamp set from Inkadinkado the pineapple stood out to me most. I knew I had to get it and create something with it right away! I found my inspiration this afternoon from the challenges at Sketchy Friday - Sketch #14 (see below) and the rainbow color challenge at My Creative Time. The designer's challenge is to incorporate at least 3 of the following 6 colors Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple or all 6 for an extra challenge. I decided to use all 6 because I never back down from a crafty challenge!!!!!! Here's what I came up with....
Crafty tips I learned along the way...
- use a pink eraser to erase across the entire surface of each new clear stamp to take off the manufacturing gunk. Immediately clean the stamp using clear stamp fluid and a scrubber pad before using it. Otherwise you may notice your ink beads on the surface instead of what it's supposed to do.
- if you aren't tying a bow, consider using the xyron 1" to put adhesive on a ribbon scrap in order to stick it on your project.
- American Crafts 5x7 card base - green
- DCWV purple glitter cardstock
- Recollections red cardstock
- Core'dinations blue and orange cardstock
- Bazzill yellow cardstock, white
- Stamps Inkadinkado flashy floral = pineapple and butterfly, welcome - Repeat Impressions
- Ink - Clear and Simple Stamps Hybrid ink Espresso Your Style
- Copics - 0, Y00, Y02, Y06, YG61, YG63, YG67, YR04, YR07, V12, V17
- Punches - 2" marvy circle punch, Martha Stewart punch around the page: heart chain and scallop dot
- Pen - faux stitching with Pigma Micron 05 in green
- White ribbon - stash
- Adhesives - xyron 1" and 5", Scotch ATG