Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Upscale Instant Scrapbook for Kara's Baby Girl


(18 & 19 of 20 pages)

The first birthday layout is essential for any scrapbook detailing a child's year. Starting with the baby's birth and ending with their birthday is logically complete. This layout was built by me while in a class at the CKC Scrap 'n Play in Lancaster PA during Hurricane Irene. I was one of the brave folks who didn't care that they wind and rain was whipping and it looked like a scene from the birds outside the hotel windows. I couldn't have been happier scrappin' the weekend away! We learned how to make flowers from small strips of patterned paper and to combine several seeming unrelated stickers to create amazing elements on the page.

I love how cheery and light this layout is and how the accents correspond but don't overwhelm as we go from one page to the other. The beige strips of paper are spaces for journaling in short phrase format. This type of journaling ads depth, interest and whimsy to the page. I added some thickers chipboard letters, jolee's dimensonal stickers to complete the look.

What are your favorite birthday layout elements?

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.