When I heard one of my online crafty friends DH was hospitalized and in need of some cheering up, I offered to send a handmade card. Get Well cards for men (or any card for men) is not my strong point. So I decided to take the pressure off and create something my style and just to have fun with it. Here's what I came up with.
My almost 10-year-old daughter helped me choose the gear stamps. I kept chanting... "I need something....MANLY!" In my best, deep, loud superhero voice and she kept me on track.
I tried to use Pinterest for inspiration but I have not pinned many masculine crafts yet and they all seem to have unrelated images with sayings. Why is that? I kept thinking I need something manly but not cutesy and it SO hard to do both with the right sentiment.
Normally I would use an umbrella image with this sentiment but I didn't feel it was manly enough. I'll be working on getting the manly cards right this year.
- The Olde Town Market box of cards - The Paper Studio
- Script cardstock - Prima Marketing
- Yellow cardstock - stash (DCWV?)
- We R Memory Keepers - Sweetheart inkers - black
- Inside sentiment - "On the mend" The Stamps of Life
- Gear, clock and screw stamps - "Get it in Gear" Technique Tuesday
- External sentiment - "Umbrella4You" The Stamps of Life
- Tim Holtz Distress ink - frayed burlap
- Tsukineko - Versafine: Onxy Black
- Scotch ATG
- Ranger Multi-matte medium
- Woodgrain sequins - studio calico
Inquiring minds want to know! How easy/hard it is for you to make manly cards. I'm also looking for tips/advice on how to keep my cards MANLY!! Hit me with your best tip/trick please? Inquiring minds want to know!
Please share my posts on social media. Thanks!