Monday, November 3, 2014

Wedding Card Collabo Featuring Our Daily Bread Designs, Gelatos and Color Me


Hello everyone! Prep for my post today started a couple of months ago when I was teaching my 9-year-old daughter craft techniques using Gelatos on Color Me card toppers by Hot off the Press. She loves art and painting so I figured Gelatos would be a great tool for her. I gave her the guidelines, a card topper, the gelatos and a baby wipe and off she went coloring and blending. What she came back with was stunning. So I promised that one day I would make a card with her creation.

Fast forward to the present. I came across the card topper my daughter colored this past weekend at the precise moment I was scrambling to find a starting point for a unique card for a young couple who's wedding I was about to attend. So I remembered my promise and got to work. Here's what I cam up with.

The card topper was rectangular in the beginning but I asked my daughter to cut out the bottom edge along the design to bring more drama to the card front. The topper almost fit the 5x7 card but I needed to trim a bit off the right edge.

Now what I thought? Some questions arose... could I heat emboss over the Gelatos? I knew I wanted to use this darling stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs and one from Recollections.  With not a second to spare I swiped the topper with my embossing buddy, stamped with Versamark and embossed the happily ever after sentiment in detailed embossing powder by Ranger. Using the 9" Xyron I attached the topper to the card base and moved to the inside of the card.


Next I embossed the Marriage Recipe on the inside of the card and voila! the card was complete. I will definitely do another collaboration with my daughter soon. It definitely helps when they want to help in the craft room (but in certain cases that's not possible or practical).

Supplies:

  • American Crafts - green 5x7 card base and envelope
  • Hot off the Press - Ebony Color Me Floral Card Toppers
  • Recollections - Just married stamp set - Happily Ever After sentiment
  • Our Daily Bread Designs - Happy Marriage Recipe
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail embossing powder - black
  • Tsukineko - Versamark
  • Impression Obsession - Mini Mount
  • Tim Holtz - Grid Blox
  • Xyron - 9" Creative Station 
  • Stampin' Up! - Embossing buddy

Thanks for stopping by! If you have tales of you and your kids crafting, please share your story and links in the comments below and I'll check it out!

La-Vie

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Your daughter did a great job!
    Miranda :) BL

    ReplyDelete





  2. Gorgeous card!!! Your daughter is very talented beautiful coloring! I love that you cut the topper it gives a very lovey effect. Also thank you for that little poem I may have an occasion to use it in the future if I may.
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love your coloring! (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe your daughter colored that! It's gorgeous and you should definitely make more projects together. Scrappy hugs and bloggie love, connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! I am a fan of gelatos myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.