I love making cupcake picks! It's a hot seller for me right now - especially for baby showers and birthdays. These are for a jungle themed baby shower and I love how they came out. If you haven't tried to dress up your cupcakes, give it a whirl. It makes any occasion so much more festive!
A few tips and tricks for you... I usually create tiny die cuts to adorn my cupcake pics but I recently started using stickers. The DCWV Animal Crackers stack came with a page of glittered stickers (and a page of die cuts) in the front of the stack. It was very convenient to use coordinating stickers to bring together this look. When the stickers were too large to fit, I used a 1.5" Marvy punch to punch out just a portion of the image.
Inking the edges (sometimes with a similar color, others with an opposite color) helped to create dimension. I always add extra adhesive, Terrifically Tacky tape, to my stickers. They never seem to be sticky enough and it may not adhere to certain surfaces. Better safe than sorry! I also use the Terrifically Tacky tape between the layers of the double sided cupcake pick and to hold the toothpick in place. This particular stamp said B is for boy but since this baby shower is for twins, I added the "s" with my Copic multiliner.
- DCWV Animal Crackers stack - stickers and blue glitter leaf card stock
- Creative Memories - Yellow patterned paper
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Clear and Simple Stamps - Espresso Your Style
- Stamp: Recollections - Bouncing Baby Boy
- Copic Multiliner .3 brown
- Adhesives: Terrifically Tacky Tape, Xyron
- Party Picks - colored wooden toothpicks
- Punches: Martha Stewart scalloped circle layering punch, Marvy 1.5" and 2" punches
Great Impressions - Add some sparkle
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything goes
D.L Art - Anything goes
Pin and Tack - Anything goes