Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Use a Physical or Digital Stamp - Cards Galore Encore Monthly Challenge


Welcome back to another Crafts Galore Encore monthly challenge! July's challenge: make a project using a stamp or digital stamp!


Photobucket
July's sponsor is Fred She Said Designswhich offers a wide variety of digital products with a floral flair and cute characters too - Digi's, Pre-coloured images, Papers, Sets, Fred's Flower Kits, and even digital cutting files. Have some fun with Fred!

Fun indeed, cuz if you win, you'll get a generous prize of $15 credit to spend at the Fred She Said Designs store!!! 



I was given the Emma & Rosey digi which comes with or without the butterflies. The digi comes in a singular image and in a sheet of 4 to print out.  I love choices! The page included 4 images, 2 with butterflies and 2 without. That way I didn't waste any of my special card stock and had a couple of images to practice on before deciding on my coloring implements. 

For the first time I colored a digi using only Wink of Stella brush markers by Zig. Well, I had to use a Copic for the skin but other than that it's Wink of Stella. I decided to go with the butterflies and love how it came out. I did a minimal amount of shading and it was very quick to complete the project that way. Freedom!!!



Here's a slanted view so you can see the unique shimmer Wink of Stella pens create. Now I am going to blow your minds.... guess what? I used a spellbinder's die to cut out the image in my cuttlebug for the first   time! AND.... I added the background (card stock was white) AFTER I colored with the Wink of Stella. "What?" you say?? 

YES I DID. It was a risk. I had no mask. I could've messed up all the effort I put in. But guess what? Wink of Stella dries quickly and doesn't pick up the Distress Ink. I used a dauber to get it on there and a water brush to soften it. In the process of trying to steer clear of my images I created that white halo around the image that makes it look good (by accident) score!! Then I stamped the sentiment full strength in the same Distress Ink used for the sky. This was a time saver for sure. Give it a try!

Supplies:
  • spellbinders die - fleur de lis rectangles (largest rectangle)
  • Copic X-press it blending card
  • Copic E11
  • Zig - Wink of Stella
  • Recollections 100 lb white cardstock
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Mowed Lawn
  • The Stamps of Life - Crayons2Stamp "hello"
  • waterbrush
  • bone folder 
  • CutterPillarPro
  • Scotch ATG adhesive

Here's the back view. I simply cut a rectangle of 100 lb Recollection card stock about an inch longer than the card (A2) scored, folded and flattened it so I could adhere it to the back of the card front. Voila! I hope you enjoyed this presentation and will join in on this month's challenge!


La-Vie



Challenges:

Crafting for All Seasons - Whatever the weather 

Crafty Girlz - ATG   

Inky Impressions #165 - ATG 

Crafting by Designs - here comes summer   

Cute Card Thursday #327 - circles 

Brown Sugar Challenges #100 - Color challenge




Creative Fingers #41 - ATG 

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #117 - Summertime 

QKR Stampede #94 - Include a dog 

Wags 'n Whiskers #132 Summer Fun 

JW Scrapshack - #56 In the Garden 


Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Sat. Linky Party 

Pile it on Challenges #26 - Outdoor Fun 

The Pink Elephant #257 - ATG 

Scrapbook Blessings - ATG/June use a digi 

Cutie Pie Challenge #72 - Cute girls 


Cheerful Stamp Pad #89 - Weekend Activities

14 comments:

  1. Great card La-Vie and I love that shimmer! Denyse XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Thanks for playing along at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love frame, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet image - very cute. Thansks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenges cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty image and a beautiful card thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I simply love, love, love how you used the die for the front of the card. Loving your phenomenal idea of how you colored the edges with the back ground for the image. Truly another stunning creation from you girlie.

    Hugs,
    Tamie DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Cat or Dog Challenge." Good Luck, and come back to join us again.

    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable !!! Thank you so much for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack !! Hope you have a wonderful weekend !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi La-Vie, a super card, love the image and the lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge and Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 89 'weekend activities', Hazel, DTs - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card and I love the shape of the die cut frame! Thanks for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charming card with such a darling scene and great colors. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made it all beautiful. The idea of adding the card on the image not other way round is fab idea. Image sky and grass makes this look like a photo from album :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.