Monday, June 4, 2012

For Your New Home


I rarely use my Cricut Imagine to print and cut regular Cricut cartridges. But this day I needed to make 2 cards in a hurry. The first was the baby card I debuted last week and this housewarming card was the second. I used the Cricut cartridge Wild Card (personal fav). I used this card as my Christmas card a few years back so I had the trees left over from then. I knew one day they would come in handy! LOL. They were cut at 1 inch with American Crafts foil cardstock.

The house and layers were print and cut from Bazzill basic white cardstock at 7.7 relative size. The card was cut using the blackout feature. Otherwise the round window would have been cut out and the door would swing open. The colors were chosen from the colors included in the Imagine machine. I added some scraps of Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker Halloween paper in the windows using herma dotto repositionable adhesive and then cut around the shapes to make it flush with the door/window. I also added a small flower brad for the door knob.


On the same page as the card was this sentiment so I filled it with red and cut it the same size (7.7 Relative). It left plenty of room for me to hand write a note and insert a gift card. I created a simple, white, size 10 envelope that is located on the same page as the card.

I am starting to get my crafting urge back so look for more posts from me in June! I plan to start scrapping my Disney trip. Lots of fun layouts ahead!!


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.