Monday, March 19, 2012

Stampin' Up! Party

This past weekend I had some friends over for a Stampin' Up! Party. My rep Samantha Eshlemen lead us in creating two Easter crafts. None of my friends are into crafting like I am but I wanted to let them peek into my world. I also wanted to pay homage to the wonderful lady who single-handedly started me making cards and 3-D items.

Stampin' Up products are the bomb! Go to her website now! She is selling scented embossing powder!!! WHAT??? There's a few scents and a million possibilities! They also offer coordinating paper, ribbon, embellishments, dies, embossing folders, the list goes on and on. I didn't even mention the stamp sets. The most intricate and useful on the market. Shop here!

Here's what we made. I learned a few great tips.

1. Use post it notes to hold small dies and paper in place while cranking it through your die cutting tool

2. Innovative punch use - the bunny ears were made from a portion of a 5 petal flower punch!

3. Using post it notes to do masking with stamps. to get part of an image when needed. I usually use painters tape.







La-Vie

p.s. Check out one of my honored guest's blog about her time at the party... http://www.thepinkfluffypen.com/2012/03/daily-post_17.html#links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.