Sunday, January 26, 2014
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Welcome to the Get Inky! "Farewell and Welcome" Blog Hop!
Well, you should have come from Kathy's blog, but if you have come here first, be sure to start at the Get Inky! Challenge Blog for a chance to win a fun prize!
I created a fun Valentine's Day themed Inner Stair Step card using four different Get Inky! stamp sets available on Etsy. I've seen all kinds of stair step cards but this one was new to me and I love it!! I added a stamped and layered piece to the highest step to create the look you see.
My focal point is the lovable monster from Get Inky's 2013 Halloween Spooktacular set. She was so fun to color! To make her a girl, I drew on eye lashes and used a flower stem stamp (from the Love Bugs set) to create a bow for her 2 strands of hair. I love using unusual stamps to create a desired effect. I also created my own embellishment by layering a dimensional sticker on top of a felt heart on the second step. SO much fun!! I encourage you to make your own Valentine's using Get Inky! Stamps. There a lot to work with combining all the sets. Gets your creative juices flowing!
- Get Inky! Stamps - 2013 Halloween Spooktacular, Love Bugs, Geeky Fun, Whimsical Moon and Stars
- The Paper Cut - Inner Stair Step Card (festive variety pack)
- Copics - R81, R83, R35, Brown and black multiliner pens
- DCWV patterned cardstock and Sweetheart paper
- Copic Xpress It blending card
- Memento Ink - Tuxedo black, Rhubarb stalk, Ladybug
- Recollections foam tape
- Jolee's - heart, xoxo embellishment
- Stash - red felt heart
* one of three one-year Inky Moonbeam memberships - To see what the club is all about, visitwww.bluemooncreation.net
* one Crafty Card Gallery app donated from Jennifer Restivo
I'm so glad you hopped by! Your next stop is Lyne's inspiring blog. Until we meet again... Get Inky!!
Oh wait!! I have a great giveaway going on for my followers. So follow me on google and/or bloglovin' and click here to share your crafty resolutions for a chance to WIN!!
Here's the whole hop lineup (just in case you get lost):
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Happy New Year!!!
This is me, 20 lbs lighter and full of life! My fav memory from 2013, my flapper outfit for the big Halloween bash. Such fun!! I'm trying to top this outfit this year.... got any suggestions? I'm still working on losing more weight this year and I am excited to make this the last year losing weight is a goal. Next year I will only be maintaining! Excitement.
Thank you for your support in 2013! It's been a great time to meet new crafty friends and learn new techniques. I also achieved many of my goals from last year after revealing them to you. So, I thought I'd do it again because, let's face it... you're my lucky charm and consistent motivator! As such, a giveaway for my faithful followers is in order! Follow me on Bloglovin or Google Friends Connect and leave a comment on this post sharing your 2014 crafty goals with me and/or your fav memory from last year to be entered into a drawing for a crafty prize pack. It's going to be something good, so don't miss out!
My top 10 goals are:
- Return to crafting for the love of it - no more "have to" when it comes to my passion.
- Complete most (if not all) of my personal crafting
- Open my online store - make inventory, start selling my crafty creations
- Start creating videos for my YouTube channel
- Make more crafts for charity - Operation Write Home, etc.
- Stop buying and hoarding - try out all of my supplies (and purge if I don't have a use for it)
- Start making my own embellishments
- Become Copic certified
- Increase my online footprint - socialize, participate in swaps and crops with my online peeps
- Apply for and gain one professional (major manufacturer) design team appointment
I can't WAIT to read your responses.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
I'm a Design Team Member for the Cards Galore Encore Challenge Blog!!!
This is our first challenge post of the year!!! It's an anything goes challenge. Although it may seem early in the U.S., it's an international DT and it's already Jan 1 in the UK where this blog was created.
This month's sponsor is Scribble and Scrap Shop. They have beautiful vintage digis and such to check out, so click the icon below and start making your wish list! Scribble and Scrap will award this month's challenge winner a £15 voucher to spend at their shop!
For this challenge, I colored Scribble and Scrap Shop's vintage rose heart digi and used it to adorned a box of candy to create a unique Valentine's gift.
I started with this box of candy blocks. It's like the size of a box of candy you get at the movie theater. I covered it with Bazzill cardstock, ribbon and the beautiful digi from Scribble and Scrap Shop.
I printed this beautiful digi on Neenah solar white cardstock and colored it using Copic markers:
Heart - 0, R20, R85, R59, RV34
Roses - RVOO, R24, R29
Leaves - YG11, YG03, YG61, YG63, YG67
To finish it off I stamped love from the Peace Joy and Love set by Lawn Fawn in Memento tuxedo black ink. But wait... it needed that extra little sparkle, so I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the highlight on the heart and used my trusty little finger to apply Crystal Stickles here and there along the blooms. All that was left to do is attach the focal element using foam tape to add dimension. Here's a closeup from an angle so you may see the glitter and shine!
- Scribble and Scrap - Anything goes
- D.L. Art - January Linky Party
- The Crafting Cafe - Anything Goes
- Paper Sweeties - Inspiration Challenge #15
- Craft it Up with Pin and Tack - Arts and Crafts Challenge #2