Introducing my son Aidan!! I've been inspired by all of the Project Life posts I have been seeing lately and decided to do one myself. Well, it doesn't have exactly the same look BUT it uses everyday pics I took with my iPhone that I would have never scrapped. Today I used a sketch provided by Sketchy Friday Challenge blog (see below). It was originally for a card but I used it to make this glorious page. My son (home sick today) cannot stop looking at it, making comments about it and smiling. My work is done!!
I worked to create a Polaroid type of feel by printing 2 pictures on one 4x6 piece of photo paper and then punching out my son's face with a square punch. After I affixed it to white cardstock, I cut the appropriate sized rectangle.
The bottom part of the Polaroid seemed the best place to add a little journaling with a personalized stamp and clear sticker. The remainder of my journaling is done with a glitter pen (Spica at You) but it wasn't showing the glitter. I had to retrace my words to get some sparkle going. I think it gives it a messy yet whimsical look (albeit by accident).
One of the challenges called for Washi Tape so I created a double border with it and included a Washi Tape bow! It helps if you dust the tape with powder to remove the tackiness so the loops won't stick together if they collapse.
The title Eyes wide shut came to me because it seems like my son always wants to close his eyes or change up what he's doing as soon as I whip out the camera or video camera. The pictures focus on his eyes so it seemed to be a fitting title.
Yet another challenge called for lots of layers. I tried to bring that across subtly with the 5 layers of cardstock, layered pictures and Washi Tape while staying within the sketch provided.
Here's another view of my layout along with the original sketch.
- Cardstock: Kraft: Recollections, brown: Bazzill, striped: Darcie's Country Folk, blue patterned: from stash, gold foil cardstock: American Crafts, White: The Paper Cut
- Cricut carts: Batman
, font, shift: Talk bubble cut at 11.59" (using fit to page function)
- Alphas: Thickers: Patterned Fabric Stickers
- Embellishments: Eyes: Jolee's Boutique, Smiley face: Recollections
- Stamp: Aidan stamp from Corry's Cool Stuff
- Ink: Colorbox Chalk ink: burnt sienna
- Washi tape: Brown: Tim Holtz, Circles: Queen and Co.
- Pen: Spica by You glitter pen (Copics)
- Punch: Marvy 3.5" square punch
Have you guessed? I'm on a roll with entering challenges. Some have a deadline of today, Feb. 28, 2013 and others on March 2nd. Please visit each challenge blog and consider joining me in the next challenges! It's a way to break through those moments of scrap block and to meet new crafty friends.
- About A Boy Challenge Blog - Introducing!
- The Paper Girls - Challenge #26 Washi Tape
- Sketchy Friday - Challenge 8 and check out the cool Digis at SKdigis blog.